Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Pictures

Only in Mongolia, this is right across from Grace's Apartment







I think the picture says it all!
A statue of Lenin in front of the Ulaanbaatar Hotel
New office building
Statue in Sukbatar Square
Stuffed camels in Sukbatar Square for Women's and Children's Day

The main square (Sukbatar Square) in front of their parliment building
The worlds smallest stock exchange
Huge Coke sign on the side of the post office building
Handicapped accessibility at its best
The State Department Store
The restaurant where we at lunch on Sunday had a John Deere sign on the wall.
My beef tenderloin on Sunday $10 for this meal. Expensive by Mongolian standards, but oh so good.
Grace's I love NY bag that we got at the Indian Restaurant
In the middle is Bart, they guy from Iowa that I met at the Star Apartments Happy Hour
The wrestling palace, just north of my place. When there's an event people just park every which way in front of it and behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment